In Vietnam, buses are one of the most popular means of transportation. In Hanoi, up to 100 different bus lines are going through almost every street. So, if you want to explore Hanoi in a completely new and detailed view, then bus tours must be the prior choice.
Is there anything good about Bus Tours in Hanoi? The traveling type sounds simple, but in fact, it provides many benefits to tourists.
- Bus travel is much more convenient than other ways of travel. Walking often limits you to travel between locations and can only explore a certain area for a period of time, while traveling by motorbike can be a challenge if it's your first time coming to Vietnam. Bus travel is both flexible and safe for you. At the very least, you won't need to deal with the heavy traffic here!
- Bus tours allow you to immerse yourself in Hanoi's life in the most authentic, indigenous way. The experience will take you to places crowded with locals but not featured in any travel guides.
- Bus tours are exceptionally affordable. This is probably the most economical form of travel when you come to Vietnam. Buy a bus ticket for about VND 8,000 - VND 10,000, and you can go through two ends of the city.
Buses are popular means of transportation in Hanoi
Of course, it can not be said that Bus Tours have no minus.
- When taking a bus in Hanoi, you must be prepared to wait for the bus for a long time, especially during rush hours. There is usually a ride every 15 minutes, but during rush hours, you may have to wait up to half an hour to catch the bus you want. Please be patient for this.
- Buses in Vietnam are sometimes very crowded, especially during rush hours. With the quality of buses being gradually improved, the number of people using buses for transport in Hanoi is increasing. If you choose the lines going through neighborhoods or schools, be prepared to jostle a bit.
Want to experience Bus Tours? You have two options, join the tour buses specifically customized for tourists, or experience bus tours on the buses for citizens.
Hanoi City Bus Tour is a bus designed specifically for tourists, going through 20 tourist attractions. The vehicles used for Hanoi City Bus Tours are double-decker buses with extremely modern design. Hanoi City Bus Tours offers both day and evening tours.
If you come to Vietnam for the first time and wish to experience the iconic tourist destinations here, Hanoi City Bus Tour will be a suitable choice. With the schedule allowing you to go through the most attractive destinations in Hanoi and the multilingual audio guide, Hanoi City Bus Tour will undoubtedly satisfy you. Moreover, the quality of buses serving Hanoi City Bus Tour is also better than the regular buses, ensuring the best experience for customers.
Hanoi City Bus Tours
Stops: Dong Kinh Nghia Thuc Square - Hoan Kiem Lake, St. Joseph's Cathedral, The Flag Tower of Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum, West Lake, Thanh Nien street- Quan Thanh Temple, Tran Thanh Pagoda, Tran Quoc Pagoda, Cua Bac Church, The Imperial Citadel of Thang Long, Temple of Literature, Hoa Lo Prison Museum, Museum of Vietnamese Women, Hanoi Opera House, Hanoi Post Office
Price: VND 300,000 / person
First stop: Dong Kinh Nghia Thuc Square - Hoan Kiem Lake
Departure time: AM 9:00 - PM 10:00
Although the buses for citizens are mainly used for regular travel needs, using this kind of bus to have a trip around Hanoi is not a bad idea.
You can catch public buses in Hanoi on almost every street you're on. On average, each street will have about two bus stops, walking distance from any location on the streets.
If you are at the heart of the city - Dong Kinh Nghia Thuc Square, Hoan Kiem Lake, you can catch three lines 09A, 09B, 14. One special point is that both 09A and 14 bus help you able to see both Hoan Kiem Lake and West Lake on the same route. If you want to go through famous places like The Flag Tower of Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum, choose route 09A; If you're going to go through the Old Quarter and the beautiful streets in Hanoi like Thuy Khue and Phan Dinh Phung, choose route 14.
Hanoi buses for citizens are now being gradually improved in quality
Some lines passing through two ends cities are line 26, line 35A. These lines have such long distances and go through densely populated areas. So if you go on these routes, you will have the opportunity to see the true life of Hanoi people.
You can choose the 55B route to go to AEON Mall - one of the largest shopping centers in Southeast Asia. If you want to go directly from Noi Bai Airport, lines 86 and 90 will be good choices.
Some tips when traveling by bus
- When you take the bus, prepare small change, preferably in VND 10,000 or less.
- If you choose buses for citizens, if possible, check the routes and destinations in advance. Bus assistants often do not speak English well enough to guide you in detail. However, they are very friendly, so if you get too confused, try asking them because they will somehow find a way to explain.
- For public buses that travel outside of Hanoi, look for tickets online to plan your journey more easily
- Buses in Vietnam are mainly used by the elders and students, so on the bus, everyone keeps quiet. When you take the bus, remember to talk at a moderate volume and don't laugh too loudly.
- Keep an eye on your belongings. Although Hanoi is a generally safe city, snatch thieves may take advantage of the crowded bus to steal from you.
Get your travel insurance plan to explore more of Hanoi:
Bus Tours in Hanoi are such exciting means of travel for you to get off the tourist trails in Hanoi. If you're too tired of those traditional travel guides, hop on any buses and enjoy Hanoi in your way.
Find the best hotels to stay in Hanoi below:
© Written by Emily Le for itourvn.com
When you subscribe to the blog, we will send you an e-mail when there are new updates on the site so you wouldn't miss them.