Top 5 Places to Visit in Northwest Vietnam
Northwest Vietnam is a more humble name on Vietnam's tourist map, but for adventures that crave challenging motorbike trails, this place is on top of the bucket list. It has panoramic natural beauty, mesmerizing hill scenery, and an eye-popping embodiment of the Creator's glory. Below are given five most popular Northwest Vietnam destinations to make your trip unforgettable.
How about Taking a Trip to Y Ty
Y Ty is an exciting and naturally green place with multiple inlets to Vietnam's rural, ethnic culture and beauty. Y Ty is named as a mystery in simplicity and peace because this village is veiled deeply in steep mountains. Unlike the tropical weather throughout the year in Southern Vietnam, Y Ty has various seasons throughout the years, inviting tourists with different purposes. For example, to change your climate and breathe in fresh air when you visit northern Vietnam, the best time is from June to September, when rainfall is frequent, and the breeze blows all the time. But, if you are interested in photography of the misty and cloudy mountains presenting a dreamy view of the land, winter is the best time to go to Y Ty. The village leans against the sheer mountain Nhiu Co San, which makes it quiet, serene, and perfect for the people in quest of natural fascination and ethnic groups in the country who are a cultural magnet for visitors.
Travel Tips #1 When Visiting Northwest Vietnam
It would help if you remembered before going to this deep valley to get yourself equipped with enough cash to avoid any hassle. Besides, prepare yourself for a different cultural experience which may be amazing for you but not compatible. Also, it can take many days to explore this mesmerizing part of the earth, so if you have anything pending, like assignments as a student, get them done beforehand. If you could not do so, hire online writing companies to write essays for you. Thus, you will truly enjoy the peace offered by this little patch of land in Vietnam.
You may Fall in Love With Ban Gioc Falls
Ban Gioc Falls, eight-hour away from Hanoi, is one of the most appealing attractions during North Vietnam travel. This destination is famous for being one of the four border-sharing waterfalls of the world because they cross the border of China from Vietnam. The falls present a fairy-tale scenery of charm and natural calm. They are also packed with various beautiful scenes from surrounding with a distance of a few miles like caves, lakes, passes, and mountains. When you visit this beautiful tourists attraction, you can enjoy fresh, cool weather and refreshing, energizing atmosphere and delicious food like grilled fish, ant's cake and different types of rice.
Travel Tips #2 When Visiting Northwest Vietnam
- Get a motorbike on rent to discover the toxic beauty of Ban Gioc waterfalls and the surrounding miracles.
- Don't forget to bring your identity documents and ATM or credit cards.
- Also, bring insect killers, particularly mosquito repellents and anti-allergic medical solutions in case you catch minor ailments.
- Get ready with a destination with the least possibilities of food and local drinks.
- Be careful while driving as it has twisting routes all around.
- Respect the local culture.
- Hire a tour guide for a better experience.
Let's See What Dong Van Karst Plateau Geopark Has On Offer
Situated in Ha Giang, Dong Van Karst Plateau Geopark is one of Vietnam's top places to go. It has vistas to incredibly serene, natural beauty and soothing air. You can enjoy the fantastic experience of wonderful, vertical mountains with around 800m deep canyons, river scenery, and plenty of passes with iconic charm. Mostly, tourists head to this geopark for its geological significance and fresh climate during autumn, which is the best time to hit this attraction. However, if this season does not suit you, you can select winter, which is the second-best time of year to explore the beauty of this beautiful valley. Also, if you are interested in tribal life, Dong Van gives you a big chance to enter the lifestyle of 17 ethnic groups living there.
Travel Tips #3 When Visiting Northwest Vietnam
- Shopping at the local ethnic market is on the top of the list, but you need to plan the time of visit as this market does not operate on a daily basis.
- The Ha Giang's Motorbike Loop is a must-do experience, and it is essential to map out your traveling route beforehand.
- If you're not used to riding on a motorbike yourself, going with a local guide who can drive you while sharing the local stories is the optimal choice
Mu Cang Chai Must be on Your Bucket List
Mu Cang Chai is one of the best Vietnam places to go if you look for nature in all its majesty and culture in the depths of tranquility. This sphere of earth manifests gloriously, breathtaking scenes of a highland wrapped in rich green and bordered by lush rice crops from all around with never-ending opportunities to enjoy the rusty, Hmong culture of tribal people with sacks on their back and calm on their faces. The best time to visit this eye-catching Vietnam attraction is from September to October. You can also enjoy a different taste of food attributed to the local life of Mu Cang Chai.
Travel Tips #4 When Visting Northwest Vietnam
- Show respectful behavior to tribes to get closer to their culture.
- Keep insect repellent sprays in your travel bag if you have never been in lands rich in greenery.
- Avoid visiting during the rainy season if you don't feel like making friends with snakes and other reptiles.
Let's Go to Sa Pa
Sa Pa is the most popular name on the list. If you are a nature lover and hunt land with nature displaying its splendor in all senses, this is the place of your dream. The magnificent rice fields, the tribal hospitability, the lifestyle, and the eternal touch of the soft breeze are a few of the marvels of this part of Vietnam. Sa Pa town is one of the country's most-visited and worldwide known destinations, so albeit being off-the-beaten-path, it offers all necessary tourism services like transportation, resorts, and entertainment.
Travel Tips #5 When Visiting Northwest Vietnam
- Visit either in the rainy season or in winter to seek a truly wonderful experience and unfold the beautiful mysteries of the town.
- Go to the shopping places with cultural objects on display for sale.
- Enjoy local food to feel the true peace of this area.
These five fabulous places are not entire Vietnam. Instead, the country has many more attractions for tourists with larger scenic beauty and cultural phenomena options. But, if you want a break from the commercialized tourist areas, these five places will offer you the best opportunity to achieve a memorable and valuable experience in the country.
© Written by Kim Pham for itourvn.com