Stay updated with the latest news of the COVID-19 situation in Vietnam and information for traveling to Vietnam. Read more here.
Like most countries, Vietnam requires everyone entering the country to be isolated for 14 days. If you are not into complimentary quarantine sites built on the former barracks or sports centers, there are quarantine hotels in Vietnam that offer modern facilities and professional services.
Vietnam continues to stop entry for all foreigners, including visa exemption holders. There are only a few exceptions such as diplomats, civil service, experts, senior workers, investors, and employees of key projects as decided by the Government of Vietnam. All individuals entering Vietnam are required to undergo medical examination and quarantine for 14 days. Quarantine, however, is not required for those staying in Vietnam for less than 14 days.
Foreign nationals are expected to pay for the quarantine fees and medical treatment (if any) themselves.
On July 28, the Ministry of Transport of Vietnam announced that all passengers using public transport (bus, taxi, passenger car, train, aircraft, ship, etc.) must fill in a medical declaration form before boarding and try not to talk, eat, and drink during the trip.
See more Must-Know Information for Traveling to Vietnam during the Pandemic
Though the Vietnamese government has adequate measures to control the spread of Covid-19, do equip yourself with essential knowledge about protecting yourself and others during the pandemic. Apart from face masks and hand sanitizer, self-quarantine is a popular keyword these days.
In addition to people traveling from areas known to have the disease outbreak and community infection, those who have been in close contact with someone with Covid-19 must also commit to self-quarantine, including individuals who:
The duration of self-quarantine is maximum 21 days, the specific number of days of isolation is counted from the date of last exposure to an identified disease or suspected disease case or the date of entry into Vietnam. If you have been fully vaccinated with 2 shots, the duration can be cut down to 7 days. However, this is still a pilot program, not an official COVID-19 guideline in Vietnam
More Safety Measures for Traveling in Vietnam
Get the world-leading travel insurance for your trips to Vietnam:
There are 207 hotels in 25 localities throughout Vietnam selected by the tourism and medical authorities to lodge quarantined people in Vietnam. Over 18,000 rooms and 23,000 beds will not serve any other purpose, and quarantine and security staff will limit all unauthorized entry.
Find out about your favorite hotel in Vietnam:
The following hotels are suitable for those who do not want to travel far after landing, which only takes you a maximum of ten minutes to reach your accommodation from Tan Son Nhat Airport. As ibis Saigon Airport and De Nhat are 4-star hotels while Holiday Inn is a 5-star hotel, you don’t have to think twice about their quality and amenities.
Holiday Inn Saigon Airport
Address: 18E Cong Hoa, Ward 4, Tan Binh District
ibis Saigon Airport
Address: 2 Hong Ha, Ward 2, Tan Binh District
Hoa De Nhat
Address: 18 Hoang Viet, Ward 4, Tan Binh District
In case you seek a panoramic view of Saigon city center, these lodgements are what you should opt for. Hotels in the downtown are mostly luxurious hotels with high-quality services and amenities, which guarantee a comfortable experience for all customers.
Le Meridien Saigon
Address: 3C Ton Duc Thang, Ben Nghe Ward, District 1
Hotel Des Arts Saigon
Address: 76-78 Nguyen Thi Minh Khai, Ward 6, District 3
1. Bat Dat Hotel: 238 – 224 Tran Hung Dao, Ward 11, District 5
2. Norfolk Hotel Saigon: 117 – 119 Le Thanh Ton, Ben Nghe Ward, District 1
3. Huong Sen Hotel: 4-6-8 Mac Thi Buoi Street, Ben Nghe Ward, District 1
4. Sunshine Boutique Hotel Phu My Hung: 16-18-20 Cao Trieu Phat Street, Tan Phong Ward, District 7
5. Muong Thanh Luxury Saigon Hotel: 261C Nguyen Van Troi Street, Ward 10, Phu Nhuan District
6. Alagon City Hotel & Spa: 54-56-58 Pham Hong Thai Street, Ben Thanh Ward, District 1
7. A&Em Signature Hotel: 52 Thu Khoa Huan Street, Ben Thanh Ward, District 1
8. Blue Diamond Luxury Hotel: 11 Thai Van Lung Street, Ben Nghe Ward, District 1
9. Riverside Hotel Saigon: 18-19-20 Ton Duc Thang Street, Ben Nghe Ward, District 1
10. Sky Gem Central Hotel: 26-28 Dong Du Street, Ben Nghe Ward, District 1
Saigon Park Resort
Address: 79/28, Group 28, Binh Phuoc B Quarter, Binh Chuan Ward, Thuan An Town, Thuan An District
Phuong Nam Resort
Address: 15/12 Trung Quarter, Vinh Phu Ward, Thuan An Town, Thuan An District
Lotus Mui Ne Resort and Spa
Address: Quarter 5, Phu Hai Ward, Phan Thiet City
Address: 126a Nguyen Dinh Chieu, Mui Ne Ward, Phan Thiet City
Muong Thanh Grand Xala
Address: 66 Phuc La, Xala Residential Area, Ha Dong District
Thang Long Espana
Address: 63 Nguyen Truong To, Nguyen Trung Truc Ward, Ba Dinh District
1. Hyatt Regency West Hanoi: 36 Le Duc Tho, My Dinh 2, Nam Tu Liem District
2. Hilton Garden Inn Hanoi: No. 20 Phan Chu Trinh, Phan Chi Trinh Ward, Hoan Kiem District
3. Sofitel Legend Metropole Hanoi Hotel: 15 Ngo Quyen, Hoan Kiem District
4. InterContinental Hanoi Westlake: 5 Tu Hoa, Tay Ho District
5. Hoa Binh Hotel: 27 Ly Thuong Kiet, Hoan Kiem District
6. Wyndham Garden Hanoi: HH01, To Huu, Ha Dong District
7. Silk Path Hotel: 195 – 199 Hang Bong, Hoan Kiem District
8. The Ann Hanoi Hotel: 38A, Hang Chuoi, Hai Ba Trung District
9. La Belle Vie Hotel: 101-103-105 Nguyen Truong To, Truc Bach, Ba Dinh District
10. New Era Hotel & Villa: 18 Nguyen Van Cu, Ngoc Lam, Long Bien District
14-21 days might seem like a brief period of time, but spending more than half a month by yourself in an isolated place can be a challenge, especially to your mental health. Therefore, careful preparation can help alleviate the stress and make the quarantine time fly by smoothly.
Note: The quarantine policy can vary slightly according to each hotel; for example, some might not allow room service inside your room while others might, so make sure to check with the hotel carefully what you can and cannot do during self-quarantine.
Two weeks of quarantine may seem long but don’t worry, as long as you are staying in a well-equipped place, it is just a form of leisure travel. After this “relaxing time”, you can enjoy start your journey in Vietnam but remember to protect yourself by following the guidelines of WHO and Vietnam’s Ministry of Health.
Read more: How to Stay Healthy during Quarantine in Vietnam (COVID 19)
© Written by Uyen Ho for itourvn.com
When you subscribe to the blog, we will send you an e-mail when there are new updates on the site so you wouldn't miss them.